Why Chose Magnesium Glycinate Instead of Anything Else:
When it comes to getting magnesium, you have a lot of choices. And magnesium glycinate is without reservation our choice for the best and most reliable way to go.
Food would be ideal, but it’s not reliable. With the daily-recommended value at 420 mcg of magnesium for adults, that’s a lot of beans. Or two whole bars of dark chocolate per day. Tempting, but unwise. Eating 8 or 9 avocados is equally unrealistic. Food has high quality magnesium, but not enough.
What about chewable magnesium pills? Yes, people do chomp antacids. But it’s a bad idea in the long run. Use antacids for upset stomach only. Taken for prolonged periods these can decrease stomach acid so that your body is even less able to absorb magnesium from food or supplements in the future.
Magnesium citrate, another form that is often used, has laxative effects and may lead to diarrhea.
Magnesium oxide—also known as milk of magnesia—is very poorly absorbed.
Which leaves us where we were—magnesium glycinate should be your choice. It’s safe and dependable.
Why Magnesium Glycinate Excels:
- No laxative effect.
- Most completely absorbed form
- Bound to glycine, an amino acid your body recognizes
- It also has a calming effect on the body.
- Safe and reliable
- Does not harm stomach acid needed for good digestion
Why You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium:
- The majority of adults do not get adequate magnesium
- The amounts found in food are so low that it is hard to get from diet alone
- Diuretics can help deplete magnesium
- Poor digestion can reduce magnesium absorption
- Prolonged use of antacids can reduce stomach acid and impair ability to get magnesium from food
- Gut absorption slows down with aging, reducing effective intakes
- Alcohol overconsumption reduces magnesium levels
- Chronic diarrhea lowers magnesium levels
- Excessive sweating or urination excretes too much magnesium
Why You Need Sufficient Magnesium:[i]
- Magnesium supports over 300 metabolic reactions in your body
- It helps convert food to energy
- Your body uses magnesium glycinate directly to build proteins
- It helps regulate neurotransmitters for good cognition and reaction times
- Magnesium supports strong muscle contraction and relaxation
- It helps transport sugar from blood to muscles, especially during exercise
- It has been shown to improve athletic performance
- Magnesium supports better mood
- Adequate levels are needed for better blood sugar balance
- Low levels are a risk factor, along with vitamin D and calcium, for weak bones
Renown Magnesium Glycinate
Serving size: 2 capsules
Servings per bottle: 30
Magnesium (as Magnesium Glycinate) 350mg 83% DV